A CUSTOM CRAFTED Cover Letter and Resume:
Unique to you, spotlighting how you are the ideal individual to meet the employer’s needs.
Your cover letter is an opportunity to say more than, “Following please find my resume…” Your resume could be so much more than a laundry list of employment experience and job descriptions. Are you getting the interviews you hope for? If not, your cover letter and resume aren’t doing their jobs.
Here are some of the things a great cover letter and resume can do:
Cover Letter: Think of it as a pre-interview.
- Ensure that your resume makes it through the first glance elimination
- Introduce you as a candidate
- Stand out—not everyone writes a targeted cover letter
- Convey your knowledge of the company and industry to which you’re applying
- Present your personality and how it might benefit the company culture
- Highlight especially relevant elements
Resume: Prove that you are just the individual to meet the company’s needs.
- Prove you meet all job requirement
- Show how you surpass those requirements
- Demonstrate your clear and organized thinking and presentation
- Convey your understanding of the company’s needs and how you are the answer
- Highlight by formatting so relevant details catch the eye
- Earn the interview!