Rainmaker Resumes is a small team of professional writers led by me, Jennifer Shryock, career strategist and executive coach. In a way, this whole website is my bio and a series of love letters to you. You can check out my story here and the Rainmaker story here.
This page is to introduce you to your amazing resume writers and our process. I cherish these writers and their talents, enthusiasm, and devotion to our clients. Each is a freelance writer with her own projects, and also dedicates a great deal of time and focus toward our team, clients, and projects. You’re in great hands with these writers. It is my sincere honor to introduce:
Cathy Dean has stepped in as lead writer at Rainmaker Resumes. A seasoned writer and editor, Cathy has over 15+ years of experience. From her in-the-trenches expertise running an editing business to her corporate background as a copywriter for software companies, Cathy has the experience needed to deliver sparkling entry- to executive-level resumes from a variety of industries.
Her favorite part about working for Rainmaker Resumes for the past two years—besides the amazing clients and her talented coworkers—is distilling a person’s career history into its brightest parts (without the hyperbole).
She lives in Folsom with her boyfriend where she enjoys yoga and taking care of a feral cat colony.
Keila Szpaller is a writer and editor based in Missoula, Montana. She joined Rainmaker Resumes in fall 2015, and she loves to hear the delight from clients seeing their accomplishments pop on the page for the first time.
Keila has worked as a reporter for western Montana’s largest media outlet since 2006. She’s a 2012 Kiplinger Fellow in Public Affairs Journalism and the recipient of a 2016 grant from the Society for Environmental Journalists for a transatlantic conservation reporting project that took her from Montana to Africa.
If she’s not working, Keila is probably running trails with her dog, Henry, or rolling out handmade fettuccine in the kitchen.
When you hire us to craft a cover letter, resume, or LinkedIn profile, here’s the process:
- You’ll meet with a member of Team Rainmaker for an hour by phone to discuss your goals and agree on a target/strategy. We call this an Informational Interview, where we gather information to craft your accurate, interesting, and persuasive profile, and/or resume (and cover letter, usually). It is very helpful if you can send your former resume prior to this meeting.
- Once we’ve got your information (and payment), Team Rainmaker gets to work. I’m deeply involved with the writing, but Team Rainmaker creates fresher, better work than I ever could alone. You’ll be assigned a writer whose drafts will be reviewed by peers and me.
- On or before our agreed due date (often about two weeks, but depends on your needs and how far we are booked out), we send your drafts.
- You proof them for accuracy, message, voice,…everything. And you let us know if you have any questions or require any revisions.
- We revise, pronto. Up to two revisions are included in your price for each project. Final proofing is the sole responsibility of the customer.
- You’re good to go! But we will still be on your team, so never hesitate if you’ve got job search questions, want to do some interview or career coaching, or need us for anything at all.